July 13, 2022 | MSC Cruises today announced new details on the family offering on MSC Seascape. The ship will delight guests of all ages with 98 hours of live entertainment per cruise, a 700 square meter children's area and state-of-the-art entertainment. MSC Sescape will enter service in December 2022 and will offer 7-night Caribbean cruises in her inaugural season.
MSC World Europe - Photo MSC Ivan Sarfatti
- MSC Cruises' award-winning children's and family offering sets new standards on board MSC Seascape.
- Guests experience newly designed areas and interactive offers with the latest technology.
MSC Cruises has welcomed more than 350.000 young guests on its ships over the years and continues to expand its family offering through award-winning programs and partnerships. With the growing number of multi-generational voyages and more and more young guests on board, MSC Seascape will enrich the family program with new and unforgettable experiences for several generations.
“We have invested heavily in entertainment for our youngest guests. We know that they value the latest technologies and trends. The ship is well equipped with innovative hardware and software and we have ensured that all ages have exclusive access to all the fantastic areas on board. We work together with many partners and design a large part of the activities and offers ourselves. In this way we can ensure that everything is well coordinated.", So Steve Leatham, Global Head of Entertainment at MSC Cruises.
Newly designed areas for children up to 17 years
At 700 square meters, the MSC Seascape will offer one of the largest children's areas in the fleet, featuring a futuristic design. The new areas include:
- Two LEGO® rooms: The cruise line will expand its partnership with LEGO® and set up two exclusively designed LEGO® rooms. One room offers LEGO® DUPLO® for the little ones aged 3 to 6 years, the other room is aimed at children aged 7 to 11 with LEGO® bricks and the opportunity to receive a "LEGO® Diploma".
- Three new concept areas for youth: For teenagers between the ages of 12 and 17 there are three new areas with different themes in which they can exchange ideas with their peers. The first area revolves around the theme of the future and offers a technology area with consoles, VR and screens. The chill-out area, on the other hand, is a place where they can chat, exchange social media contacts and challenge each other to table tennis and table football games. The third area is a disco with light and sound effects where young people can play their own music until late in the evening.
New, interactive game shows using the latest technology on MSC Seascape
Family entertainment with live interactive games using the latest technology brings people of all ages together on board MSC Seascape. New activities include:
- Break the wall: In this new high-tech game, guests face a giant animated wall that determines what tasks must be performed on stage in front of a jury of audience members.
- Vikings: For the first time aboard an MSC cruise ship, families can learn more about Viking history while the game presents them with a fun challenge at sea.
- Cabin 12006 – The Secret Game: Inspired by the MSC Original Cabin 12006 web series, it combines music, videos, TikTok challenges, memory games and more as guests try to solve the onboard puzzles.
- Beat the music: Here the whole family becomes the star of an interactive and digital music game show. Guests play the game via a special app: parents have to find out what music their children are listening to while the children try to name the classics their parents love the most.
“We want to surprise Generation Z with the MSC Seascape. We have received and implemented feedback from more than 350.000 young people who have traveled with us over the past few years. We will offer even more space and new experiences for teenagers, exclusive game shows for this age group and the first "edutainment" game show with us, as well as incorporating social media and new technologies", says Matteo Mancini, Corporate Kids Entertainment Manager at MSC Cruises.
Known and popular activities
In addition to these new family programming offerings, MSC Seascape will also retain well-known and popular activities, including:
- Doremiland, the documentation: A special documentary will be shown in all cabins with children and young people, introducing parents and children to the facilities and services that await them during the cruise.
- MSC Dance Crew: Developed in collaboration with Fremantle, the globally successful production company, teams between the ages of 17 and XNUMX compete for the title of Dance Crew of the Year in this competition.
- Cabin 12006 – The Experience: MSC's original web series, Cabin 12006, is now also a live entertainment experience with seven different activities, including a family game show and a casting session with performances.
- Teen Club: Countless entertainment options await guests in the Teens Club, including a PlayStation 5, Xbox X Series, Nintendo Switch, foosball, VR, table tennis and billiards.
- TLN Teens Late Show: Each week, teens will be the performers of a true 'Late Show', broadcast live from the Teens Club, covering trends, music charts, guest stars, the most popular TV series, games and awards.
- MSC Foundation Junior Ambassadors: The MSC Foundation provides the young guests with information about the foundation's projects, for example on the environment or marine protection, and places them at the center of committed activities for a life in a better world.
With the Kids Club and Teens Club open all day and additional attractions such as the Aquapark, the MSC Formula Racer cars and much more, there is a wealth of activities on MSC Seascape that make an MSC cruise for families an unforgettable experience.
Booking options MSC Seascape